Metal inert gas (MIG) welding is a technique developed during the Second World War for joining metal sheets. Though there are other methods available to you, MIG welding is optimal because of the convenience and ease it offers, even if you are new to welding.
If you plan to take up DIY projects that involve metal sheets or are a hobbyist, investing in a quality MIG welder can prove an excellent idea for you. However, with the broad range of options available on the market, how do you choose the right one? Going for a trusted brand can make things simpler, and Lincoln Electric is a name you can trust.
About The Product
Lincoln Electric has a solid reputation of manufacturing welding equipment and accessories. Their Handheld MIG Welder bears their signature stamp of quality and delivers superior performance when compared with other models on the market.
Here is an overview of the key features of this product:
- Portability: Since this is a handheld model, you don't have to worry about portability. You can easily carry this MIG welder around to any location where you plan to use it. The compact design also gives you a greater degree of control over the welding process, ensuring you can weld with precision and accuracy.
- Versatility: You can use this machine for welding a variety of materials. The list of fused materials includes stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum. You can easily combine different types of metal sheets using this welder, without any hassle. Also, you can conveniently use this machine at home or your workshop.
- Operation: You can conveniently adjust the functioning of the welder by setting it up to work with or without gas. You can use the MIG welder for gas-free flux core welding. Plus, you can also use it for gas-shielded MIG welding. These two options are available for all types of materials you can weld using this welder.
- Speed Control: The rate of the welder remains consistent as you operate it, thanks to the 50-500 IPM speed control, which comes with a wire feed.
- Adjustable Drive System: The drive system for this product is flexible, which enables you to reduce the risk of the wires getting tangled or crushed while you are operating it.
- Conductivity: Use the brass-to-brass gun connection to improve the conductivity of the welder, which helps speed up the process without compromising on quality or end results.
- Sturdiness: The body of this MIG Welder is made from cast iron, ensuring sturdiness and durability. Moreover, it features rigid drive that helps you align the wire correctly.
- Input Voltage: The model runs on 120 VAC, providing sufficient power to the motor to allow you to tackle dense and tough materials.
- Ease of Use: You can connect this MIG welder to virtually any power plug or outlet and start using it without any hassle. This feature adds to the portability of the machine, enabling you to use it wherever you want. This model is perfect for people who want to use their welder at different job sites.
- Speed control
- Adjustable drive system
- Measurements only in metric system
- Cannot be used with a generator
What Others Are Saying
The Handheld MIG Welder from Lincoln Electric is among the top rated products in its category on Amazon. A majority of people who purchased and reviewed this product had a positive experience, which they wrote about in their reviews.
One customer wrote that he has been using this welder for a while, both with and without gas, and has no complaints about its quality or performance. Another reviewer stated that he had been using a Lincoln welder for 16 years before replacing it with this model and he feels that this one is a step up regarding quality and performance.
A customer praised the product for performing correctly and having no flaws, but he did write that the fan of the motor can produce considerable noise during use, but that's nothing a pair of earplugs can't solve.
On the flipside, a few customers are not satisfied at all with the quality this welder offers. A client wrote that the product didn't work from the outset, even though he tried using it sometimes. He also sought to return it, but by then the return policy had lapsed. He also stated that it might be difficult to find spare parts for this machine.
You can conveniently order the Lincoln Electric Handheld MIG Welder from Amazon. It is currently available for around $600. The price has been knocked down from the original retail price of around $800, which means you can save a substantial sum of money on purchasing this welder.
Shipping is free on Amazon, so you don't have to worry about bearing any additional costs. However, if you are looking for more power or don’t want to use a handheld model, you should browse through high-end MIG welders that offer additional features.
Overall, there is little doubt that this MIG Welder is a quality product from Lincoln Electric. It is easy to use, requires no assembly or setup, and comes with a reasonable price tag. Keeping in mind the positive reception from customers on Amazon, you should surely consider this model if you are in the market for a handheld MIG Welder.